Now syndicated through gocomics.com/vernscartoons

Do you want
just the comics without all the clutter - Go to minihahas.com

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Illustration Friday: Island


For this week, I was going to draw what everyone else would think about for the word "island" but then I always want something a little bit different. Listening to my Ipod and sipping some coffee as I drew, I thought of this image. I looked at my phone just sitting on the table. Let's just say it's a modern day "desert island" with the new electronic gizmos that we just can't live without. We totally shut ourselves out just like we were on a desert island or something. :)

6 comments:

krisztina maros said...

yes, you're right it's an island of our modern life, great concept! i love your style!

Jerry Hish said...

Sooooo true...I guess we can all relate...excellent idea.

INDIGENE said...

I hear you! We'll all be deaf by the time we're fifty if we don't watch our earphones volume level! Original and cool concept!


www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Connie said...

Beautiful drawing as usual and highly pertinent comment!

Connie said...

Beautiful drawing as usual and highly pertinent comment!

kathy hare said...

a very clever take on 'island', wonderful.

good luck with those coloured pencils.. :)